Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Autumn/Winter 2011 Nail Varnish Picks

Seeing as today is so windy and the wind is supposed to get worse as the weekend continues, I feel like today is a perfect day to post this post. It feels like summer has been truly blown away!

Whilst I don't believe that you can only wear darker colours on your nails in autumn/winter and brighter colours in spring/summer, I find that personally I just tend to gravitate more towards darker toned nail varnishes in the autumn/winter. But if in the depths of winter I feel like wearing pastels, I will wear pastels! 

So I've picked some of my favourite nail varnishes that I'm excited to start wearing now that autumn has kicked in. I've loosely grouped them together in colour groups.




Browns/Taupes...

I meant to have these four bottles in the same picture, oops.  Top picture is OPI Over The Taupe and Sephora by OPI Metro Chic. The picture on the right is Essie's Chinchilly and Barry M's Mushroom.
Bronzes...
Here we have No7 Spun Sugar and OPI Rising Star

Greeny Golds....
Peace on Earth by China Glaze, Welcome to the Jungle by Catrice and Péridot by Chanel.

Purples...
Night Prowl by Wet n Wild and Wait Until Dark by Ciaté

Reds/Deep Pinks......

Caught On The Red Carpet by Catrice, Raspberry by Barry M and Mistress by Ciaté

Deep Blues...
Navy by Barry M and It Blue My Mind by Catrice

Blackish Colours.....
Grand-Plié In Black by Essence and Moonlight Express by Catrice

Greys...
Top Two: Grey by Barry M and Graphite by Chanel
Bottom Two: My Private Jet by OPI and London's Weather Forecast by Catrice

What's your favourite colours to wear this time of year?

5 comments:

  1. All are good confused how to choose one :)

    Follow Back Please
    SadeeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks and photos you have there missus! Funny enough I see golds as autumnal too, actually just finished a post similar to yours! Go figure! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sadly excited about cracking out the dark colours for autumn/winter, will be rocking a lot of similar colours actually! But as you've said I'll pull out the brights if it tickles my pickle. :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics and love how you pictured these even more! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ SadeeStyle Yes it's so hard to pick which to wear! x

    @Art Thanks and great minds;) x

    @Sarah We need something to make us excited for the dark evenings ahead! x

    @Joanne Thanks so much sweetie! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...